Friday, July 17, 2009

Favorite.....

Okay....So. you know your mother loves you when you beg her to take some of the "many" cards you have laying around your house so they can be used. I am horrible at putting things in the mail....horrible!!! I love to make cards, but than fail to do anything with them. So, I give them to my mother who sends cards all the time. Anyway....to thank me for all the cards, what does she do? She lovingly buys me a huge box of patterened paper.....And...not just any patterened paper....Kand Company patterened paper. I was in heaven. Mom, you're awesome. I love you. Well, I was excited to play with my new paper, and saw Taylor's sketch challenge for this week, and Dawn McVey's color challenge, and got to work.
Above is Taylor's sketch. Dawn's color challenge was to use Moss/Celery, Cream, Dark Red, and Bright Pink. {As I look at my card, I realize that the only Bright Pink in my card is in the stripes, so you have to look for it, but it's there.... : )} I couldn't wait to go through my new box of patterened paper and see what would work.....BINGO....I found these darling papers and had to use them. I thought they were perfect for Dawn's color challenge too.

I have been seeing lots of these cute crumpled up flowers, especially on Dawn's blog, and LOVE them, but hadn't tried them yet. Well, it was about time. I thought the little cirlce part of the sketch would be perfect for one of these cute little flowers.
I wish you could see this card IRL because it is sooooo much cuter than the picture even comes close to. I have a wonderful friend who has been sharing her "delicious" treats from her garden with me and I will get this in the mail to her. I know I'm bad at mail, but if I go do it right now, I just might actually do it....LOL.
Have a happy day with lots of laughs and smiles. Did you know that laughing lowers your high blood pressure? Just thought I would share that. We all need to laugh a lot more.
Thanks for peeking in.

13 comments:

  1. Terrific card Andrea!!! You want to know what is even scarier than us using the same 2 challenges, I ALMOST made some flowers too!!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute flower accent and I love how you used the defining life set. I don't ever get mine out :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love that big handmade flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also just noticed you're in Anaheim! I just up the 57 from you in San Dimas... Small world, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card - and I love the kitty on your blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your flowers look great! Very nice use of your new paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the distressed flower. I have been noticing those around the internet lately, too. I love how you use the colors and placed the flower!!!

    BTW...thanks for comment on my blog. You made me laugh. I have been gone for a while and it sure is good to be back:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, so pretty! I'm always trying to find someone to give my cards to. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty...what a lucky Mom to have your cards to send!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Sounds like you and your Mom have a great trade going on! :> Your card came out great...full of happy colors! :>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card. Love that definition set. I really need to use mine more often! Thanks for reminding me of that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet of your mother to buy you some new pretty paper to play with! Your crinkled flowers turned out great! I've been wanting to try this after seeing Dawn post about it and will have to after seeing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great collection...thanks for sharing..

    Get More Details

    ReplyDelete