Friday, February 18, 2011

Surprise card.....

How stinkin cute is this idea? No, I didn't think of it myself....do I ever? hahahaha But loved it when I saw it and had to make one. In fact, we made them last night at club. Inside the card is tucked a packet of seeds for the garden. Fun huh?
For this card you use one of Stampin Up's 3 x 6 envelopes and cut it at 4 1/4". I took the smaller part that was left and cut it to 1 1/2", but you could just leave it so it's longer. I wanted mine shorter. I punched for a cute edge and then sponged the edge with Baja Breeze. I wrapped a bow around the top piece and stamped the sentiment and attached it to the bow.
For the bottom piece I stamped it up with the Just Believe stamp and my markers. When it was all stamped up, I ran it through the crimper. When you do this, it shortens the bottom piece up enough that now the top piece fits nicely over it. You slide your packet of seeds inside, and what a fun gift/card for someone you love.
Try one yourself now.

Thanks for peeking in today.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it! :) I love the set and I love the sentiment for seeds too!

    ReplyDelete