Saturday, February 19, 2011

Turning 40

Today is my brother in laws 40th birthday. He just seems to young to be 40.
I have a really hard time coming up with masculine cards too. We made a bunch of birthday cards at club this week because who doesn't need birthday cards right? We didn't make this card because it uses NON.....eww gasp....Stampin Up stuff on the front. The "40" are cut out using the new dies from Papertrey Ink, but I could have easily used some from Stampin Up I guess. Anyway, I did teach them the little trick on how to use the word window punch to cut smaller words. : ) This is the card we all made at club. I also wanted to show them that you can use that must have cupcake punch in the new Occasions Mini Catalog, with or without the stamp set. You'll notice on the card with 40, the cupcake is stamped and then punched. On the card below, the cupcake is just punched. I also have a fun trick with the cupcake punch to show you here on this little blog of mine. As soon as I get some pictures of it, I will post it.
This card uses the one side of DSP from the Play Date DSP that I thought I might never use. So, I was glad to find a way to use it.

Thanks for peeking in today.
It's cold and rainy where I live. How's the weather where you are?

1 comment:

  1. Is it hard to line up the punch with the stamped cupcakes?
    Very rainy here too. Melting the snow and keeping us all in doing housework! :)

    ReplyDelete