Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Recovering ... and a tutorial

Yep, that is how I feel about birthday celebrations about now. I'm over them. ; )
That is our new puppy Daisy helping celebrate birthdays this weekend. She's pretty cute isn't she? It was my husband's birthday weekend and the celebrating seemed to go on forever. Thus, the lack of posting lately.
Dawn Olfcheske is going to keep me from looking at her blog, because I keep caseing her darling cards. This is one of them. I just thought it was so sweet and soft, I needed one of my own....hahaha
It uses those two wonderful stamp sets in the sale-a-bration catalog that I just love, Sweet Summer and So Happy For You. Then I had to make the inside just as cute.
I thought it would make a really cute post it note holder too.
What do you think? I made this one to close sideways this time. I popped the top up on dimensionals so that the flap could tuck under to hold it closed.
Here it is with the flap sticking out so you could see it.
And here it is open.
I put together a tutorial for the one that closes from the top.
Cut your cardstock 8 1/2" x 3 1/4". Score at 2", 2 1/2", 5 1/2", 6".
Use any decorative edge punch and punch along the edge on the top. You can see in this picture that I took DSP and decorated the front and inside with it.
Sorry for the blurry picture. Put some sticky strip on the middle section and adhere your post it note.
Then just decorate it however you like.
For the side post it note: my cardstock was 6 1/2"x 3 1/4". Scored at 3" & 3 1/2". The flap is measured at 2 3/4" x 1 3/4", and scored at 1 1/2" and 2" and corner rounded on 2 edges. I just attached it to the back with some sticky strip.
They are really easy and fun to make.
Now go make some for yourself.
Thanks for peeking in.
Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment