Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ghiradelli chocolate treat holder tutorial

We made this adorable Ghiradelli chocolate holder at club this week, and it was so easy and quick to make .... not to mention fun and cute!!! One of my friends asked me if I would show on my blog how to make it, so she can remember later. So here it is:You will need: 1 3x6 3/4 inch piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock; scored at 3" & 3 3/4"
1 6x6 piece of DSP; scored at 1/2"
1 2 1/4"x1 1/2" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock
1 2 1/2"x 1 3/4" piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock
1 2 3/4"x2" piece of Old Olive cardstock
1 strip of Very Vanilla, cut from the Tasteful Trim die scallop section
1 piece of cord, or ribbon 10" long
1 piece of Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon 20" long
Score your DSP and Cherry Cobbler cardstock on the score lines. Make sure that the side of the DSP that you want showing is the little half inch piece facing you.
Apply adhesive on the 1/2" strip, and fold up and adhere. It should now look like the top piece in this photo.
Fold in down flat now. Then take your 1 1/4" circle punch and punch only half way up on each of the sides.
Now score the DSP all folded at 2 3/4" and 3 1/4" and fold on the score lines. It should now fit very nicely into the cardstock piece.
Now take your 1/16" punch and punch two little holes in the middle to put your gold cord through, or ribbon or whatever you are using. If you use ribbon, you will need to use a bigger punch than the 1/16" punch. Then attach your gold cord, or ribbon and tie a bow on the outside. This will be the only thing securing the middle piece in, so tie it tight.
Now decorate your front. I took the piece of Very Vanilla and stamped, using my markers to color the stamp. I used the Sweet Seasons stamp set. Layer each piece together as shown in picture.
I like to use a lot of stampin dimensionals to make sure it doesn't come off. Then take your ribbon and slide it under the gold cord and wrap it around the cardstock evenly. Centering your decoration for the front, secure it to the front and that is all I used to secure my ribbon in place. Because I was using the seam binding, and it is a little more flimsy, I didn't want to glue it down and have it bind up on me. You can do it anyway that suits you best.
Just insert the yummy chocolates inside the little pouches,tie the ribbon, and you are done.
And here again, we have the finished piece. Easy huh?
I thought they were so much fun to make, and so darn cute, that I made a whole bunch of them....this is only a small batch of them in this photo....I'm going to take them to work on Monday and pass them out and spread some Christmas cheer.
So, now that you see how easy they are. Go make some for yourself.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Thanks for peeking in.
P.S. I have to give credit where credit is due. I cased this from Becky Roberts. I just changed the dimensions to better suit what I was looking for. I love Becky's work. She is so darn talented. You can see her blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment