Monday, May 11, 2009

A fun, fun project

I just have to share a fun project that I have made a few times. I should have taken pictures of the other one I made, because I liked that one much better....Oh well.
I got the instructions for making this on Becky Robert's blog...Inking Idaho...she is sooooo talented. She lovingly shared this template with us for free. She also designs and creates some other fabulous items that you can buy the templates for for super cheap....$3.95 is all. So, you need to check out her website, it's awesome!!!!

Anyway, this is what the front of it looks like. If you turn it around to the other side, it basically looks the same.


Then, when you open it up....this is what is inside. On both sides of the front and back are pockets that hold 4 cards. The inside pocket here, you can see holds the 4 envelopes for the cards. Then, on the other side is a pad of paper with a pen. In Becky's, she uses a different pad of paper, but everytime I went to WalMart to find it....sold out. So, I found these mini compostion books. I just covered them with DSP and it works too. I have velcro on the back so it can be removed for easier writing.

These are the 4 cards that I made to go with it. I should have taken a picture with the insert of the card out. The actual card lifts out. It is a pocket card.....super easy to make too......love that!!!


This is a really bad photo of it all together....Someday I will conquer the world of photography, but until then....bear with me.
You really do need to check out Becky's blog and make one of these for yourself. They make great gifts. I made one for a door prize for a meeting, and then this one I made and gave to my Stampin Up "MOM" for Mother's Day.
I used Raspberry Tart DSP and Cameo Coral cardstock to make mine....have a great day everyone.
Thanks for peeking in.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness this is so beautiful!!! I will have to try this. You right it would make a wonderful gift. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete