Friday, May 7, 2010

Sweet Pea invitations

A good friend at work is expecting her first child in August. She knows I like to play with paper and asked me if I would barter with her. She would make me a baby blanket for my new granddaughter, if I would make her baby shower invitations for her. How could I pass up an offer like that? Well, I didn't. She's having a little girl, but the daddy doesn't want everything all pink. So she decided to go with Turquiose, Red and Daisies. I thought it was cute, and this is what I came up with.
She needed 40 invitaions. So, this is what I've been busy with the last few days.
They were very easy to make, but tedious. There was a lot of running paper through the Big Shot for different things. The texture impression plate for the top part, the turquoise oval underneath the sweet pea punch out, three sets of daisies and centers for each invite. That really does add up to lots of work, but I enjoyed every minute of it.
We just put the information on the back and didn't mess with the inside of a card. I gave her 20 of them yesterday so she could get started on addressing the envelopes, and she LOVED them!! I have never see this woman be so silly before, it was kinda fun to watch actually.
Now that those are done, I need to seriously get busy on making my mom a stack of cards as a gift for Mother's Day. I got a box of "new toys" yesterday, and I just can't wait to get home from work today to play with them. Just about everything in that box was from the new Summer Mini Catalog and it was all for MEEEEE!!!! Yippee!
Have a wonderful day today.
Thanks for peeking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment