Monday, June 21, 2010

June's stamp club

These are just two of the cards we made at June's stamp club. Holly had requested a one layer card....I'm not too good at coming up with those...so I went to Stampin Connection. Stampin Connection is a place for Stampin Up Demonstrators only to go and get some inspiration and ideas. Luckily someone had posted this one layer card, and I thought it would work for our class. Then, because I like layers, I decided we could make another one similar only "stepped" up a little from the original. This is what evolved. Here is a close up of the one layer card. It's actually kinda nice to make a quick and simple card for a change. It doesn't require extra postage....that's a plus. We used the Watercolor Trio stamp set. That stamp set has so many different possiblities. We sponged some Bashful Blue using the Top Note die template. We just used the negative piece that's leftover after you cut it out.
Then we took the Top Note die that was cut out and used it for our "stepped" up card. Once again, we used the Watercolor Trio stamp set. We inked it up with markers and stamped it and then stamped off two more times. "Stamping off is just restamping without reinking" We added a bow, some pearls, and punched our sentiment and used dimensionals to attach it.
It was kind of fun to make the same card "twice"....only different each time.
We also made the Lego card that I posted earlier.
I'm kind of sad to have it be the end of stamp club. Then again, I'm excited to start all over again in August with some of the same people and some new faces. July will be my Stampin Up New Catalog Extravaganza. That should be lots of fun playing with so many new toys from the new catalog.
Thanks for peeking in.
Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment