Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A BIGGER candy wrapper treat....

I can't believe that I am still sharing fun things we learned at Convention. That's how much they pack into our convention experience. I can't remember who demonstrated this cute little....well, actually it's not little it's "bigger".....candy wrapper. Yep, it fits a king size candy bar inside there. Cool huh??



Are you wondering how I did that? It's sooooo easy actually. Instead of just a flat piece of 5 1/2" x 6 1/2" cardstock or DSP, you will need the normal width of 6 1/2" but you will need a longer piece for the length. So make your paper 6 1/2" x 9 1/2". On the 9 1/2" side, you will need to score your paper at 3 3/8" and 5 3/8". Fold your paper in on the scored lines. NOTE: Fold one in, and then the other will fold out. This will fit the candy wrapper die, then roll it through your Big Shot . When you open up the paper it will be the length you need to fit a king size candy bar. You just assemble it like you would the smaller version. As you can see in the middle, I just made a belly band to go around it so it would hide the score marks.



If this was confusing and you need a picture tutorial, just leave me a comment and I will "show" you how to do it.









I gave this as one of the door prizes at our last club night. It was a hit.




Thanks for peeking in today.

1 comment: