Monday, January 3, 2011

My first Easel card....

I have wanted to make an easel card for some time now, but for some reason they intimidated me.....whatever!!! Anyway, I decided to face my fear and make one....
What was my problem anyway? They are sooo easy to make. I thought it would be fun to play with my new cupcake punch, so I made a card similar to the one in the Occasions mini catalog advertising the punch. The only thing I did different was make it a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card instead of the typical size.
You have to give the inside of an easel card love, because you need something on the bottom to catch the top of the card to sit up like an easel. I wasn't sure if just using circles would work or not, but it did.
Here's a view of it opened.
I think it turned out okay for my first one. It's not my favorite card I've ever made, but it was fun to make. I'm excited now to make more of these cards.
Thanks for peeking in today.
Today is the last day of my Christmas vacation. I have to go back to work tomorrow....that crying you hear is me. : ( It has been so nice to just sleep in and play in my craft room whenever I wanted. Oh well, all good things must come to an end.
See you again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment