Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting in the Holiday spirit

I have been playing in my stampin room the last couple of days, and having fun.
I wanted to play with the cute little Greeting Card Kids. Since I had made a Halloween card earlier, I inked up the cute little Halloween girl. Isn't she cute? I used watercolor paper, my aqua painter and random ink pads. Layered her on some Tangerine Tango, and then a layer of black cut out with the new Scallop Square die in the upcoming Holiday Mini Catalog. I used the wicked fun specialty DSP paper for the background and some black satin ribbon for the bow.
I wasn't too impressed with it last night....it was like 11:30p.m. Then, this morning when I went in my room and saw her again, I thought she was adorable. Funny what a little sleep can do for you. This one I can't take credit for....I made it, but I totally copied this idea from someone on Stampin Connection, a website for Stampin Up Demonstrators. Isn't it just darling? I used the new Spider Web textured impressions folder coming out in the upcoming Holiday Mini, and the Batty for you stamp set. I love those 3 sets of eyes looking around. Such a fun card.
I have also been making Christmas cards for an upcoming Christmas card class I'm going to have. Aren't they festive?



I love the fact that they are all simple, cute and easy to make. Perfect for a class.
I used the Jolly Holiday DSP, Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive colors. Each of the Christmas cards also has a little bling....did you notice?
Thanks for peeking in today.
Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your little witch! :) I am getting that set next!
    Your Christmas cards are perfect for a class! I need to think up a few for the same type of event! :)

    ReplyDelete