Monday, August 15, 2011

Spooky

When I got my hands on the new Holiday Mini catalog I saw the cutest wreath on page 6. I knew I was going to be making one of those, and having won the new Simply Scored Scoring Tool, I had NO excuses. But, instead of making it a fall wreath, I wanted to start by making mine a Halloween wreath. I think it turned out pretty cute.


Here is a close up of the bow and that darling little lolli with the spooky in the middle. These lollis are really becoming quite popular. They are really fun to make too. As you can see it uses all different sizes of these lollies. The bigger ones I cut them at 2" and then scored them every 1/4" and just folded back and forth and connected the ends together and then glued them down to a piece of 1" punched circle to help hold them together. Then I cute some at 1 1/2" and the smaller ones at 1" and did the same as the 2" lollies.
For the base that I glued them on I just used the thick white paper that comes in the DSP pack of paper. I used one plate to outline the outside diameter and then for the circle in the middle, I just used a smaller plate, then cut them out by hand. It worked perfectly.
As you can see I used the Frightful Sight DSP from the new catalog and I also used the new Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set on a few of the lollies.
I made this so I could show my club ladies some fun things they can do with the DSP since it's on special this month.

Thanks for peeking in.
Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment