Thursday, March 11, 2010

March Madness Day #12

OOPs...I goofed...I put the wrong date for this one to post....Guess you got tomorrows post a little early. So just enjoy. I'll have something else again tomorrow....
I saw a card similar to this on line and liked how it was so different from most cards, so I made one. It's called a tri-fold card, and is 4" x 4" in size. You will have to forgive me for not using my Stampin Up Butterfly die....but it's still on backorder so I had to resort to my Martha Stewart punch instead. A girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do....{big grin} Here it is all pretty with the bow tied....
....but you have to untie the bow to open up the card.
I used a 12x12 piece of Melon Mambo cardstock and cut it to 4" x 12". I then scored it at 4" & 8". Then the tricky part comes in....the folding of the front flaps. You will see in the last picture when you open it that you have to fold in the two end pieces. The whole key was to score them in half, the same way on both sides....from top right to bottom left....that's the key!!!
I cut one piece of Melon Mambo DSP to 4"x4" and cut it in half...from top left to bottom right. I adhered it to the two front folded flaps. Hopefully with the picture below you can see what I mean. I cut a piece of Melon Mambo to 2 7/8" and used my scallop corner punch and the scallop border punch. I adhered another piece of Melon Mambo DSP to the front of that and then stamped my image with my Vintage Labels stamp set and punched it out with the wide oval punch. Then I had to resort to my Martha Stewart supplies and added the butterflies. I only attached one side of that to the front flap so the card could open still. I ran some Melon Mambo ribbon around the card and underneath the front punched piece to tie it together.
I don't know if I described how to put this card together very well. Hopefully you get the idea if you decide to throw one together for yourself. It actually went together really quickly.

Oh my goodness .... do you know how happy I am that today is Friday? You have NO idea how happy I am.....I hope your Friday is a wonderful one and I will see you tomorrow.....Saturday morning when I can blog and stay in my jammies all day if I want to....Actually not really I have a Stampin Up meeting later in the day....but that's fun stuff.
See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment