Friday, March 5, 2010

March Madness Day #5

Do you remember the other day when I said I got a new box of toys to play with????? Well....this is one of my new toys I got. I have always wanted this stamp set, and finally broke down and got it. I'm so glad I did. I'm really happy with the result of this card. (Wait until you see the inside....I think it's cute too...)


For this card I used my new Season of Friendship stamp set....you need this....and stamped the trunk with Close to Cocoa on a Whisper White piece of cardstock. I then stamped some leaves with Green Galore and then the flowers with Pretty in Pink. I know many of you aren't bird lovers, but I think this bird is cute and wanted him to join my happy spring card. I inked him up with some Bashful Blue and was happy with him. I decided he needed to be more 3-D and stamped another one on cardstock and cut him out and popped him up with some stampin dimensionals. To make the grass I cut a piece of Green Galore cardstock and cut it with some scallop scissors I have, and then went over it again to make it look more grass like. Then I cut the cardstock with scissors for an even grassier affect. I stamped the sentiment in Bashful Blue and cut it down and then sponged the edges with more Bashful Blue. I added a bow of Taffeta Bashful Blue ribbon and then pierced the three rows on the bottom with my paper piercer....you need that too.....ha ha ha


I thought the front was so fun and springy that I wanted the inside to be cute too. So I added Whisper White, stamped the leaves in Green Galore, stamped the flower in Pretty in Pink, and the bird in Bashful Blue. I had a punched out piece of paper from my Curly Label punch and added some fun to it and threw it in there. I thought it really added some pizzaz.


This is really so much cuter IRL (in real life).


So that is the creation for today.


Yippee...it's Friday.


I hope you take some time this weekend to have some "therapy" and get some stampin in.





See you tomorrow for a fun way to play with candy....chocolate of course.



1 comment:

  1. Perfectly springy!!! (I woke up to two inches of new snow today) Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete