Saturday, March 6, 2010

March Madness Day #6

I thought it was time for some chocolate ideas on this blog....don't you??? So, I have these fun bags that I bought from http://www.clearbags.com/ and thought they would be cute with some green candy in them for St. Patrick's day. I had been using Glorious Green for everything else St. Patrick's day and decided it was time to use some Old Olive this time.....(actually I didn't have any DSP in Glorious Green only Old Olive) I cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" and scored it at 2" , 4" and 6". I took the 1/2" side and used sticky strip to adhere it. When you do that you end up with a cute little triangle tent for your bag of chocolate. When I do give this away....and I will give this one to a friend....I will add a glue dot to the bottom of the bag of candy so it doesn't slide out unintentionally. I used the Sweet Pea DSP...do you have that yet??? You need that too. It really is a lot of paper and great prints...anyway. I cut 2 pieces of DSP to 1 3/4" x 6 1/2" and attached them to the two sides. I left the bottom unadorned. I wrapped some 5/8" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon and tied it in a bow. I stamped the Go Green stamp in Old Olive, cut it out with the largest Tag Punch and then glued it on a piece of Old Olive cardstock and just trimmed around it closely.
Added it to the front....Viola!! A fun candy treat for a friend, and fast and easy to make.
Look at those Reese's just waiting to be devoured.....yummmm.
Well, we've almost done this for a whole week. Are you sick of it yet????
Not me...I'm still having fun. I hope you are too.
See you tomorrow....or maybe I'll post another fun idea later today. My grandkids are coming over to play later, so if I have time I will post another fun way to give away some candy.
Ta Ta For Now.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute!!!
    And I totally agree with your post below on the new mini! OH MY. :D

    ReplyDelete