Thursday, March 4, 2010

March Madness Day #4

No, this is not the picture of my inspiration.....this is actually the before picture of today's creation. This is a notebook I got out of the Michael's $1 bin....I told you I love that bin. I wasn't too excited about the front, but saw the potential and so I threw it in my cart. This is what it looks like now....much better don't you think? This turned out so well, I don't know if I can part with it as a gift....which was my original intention....shame on me huh?


I used Bella Blue DSP because it worked so well with the background of the notebook. I also cut a piece of Kraft cardstock 3 13/16" x 3 13/16" and then used my Scallop border punch and the Scallop Corner punch and it fit perfectly!!!!! On top of that I added a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped my flowers from the retired set Heartfelt Thanks....I will never part with that stamp set I love it too much. I used Not Quite Navy for the flowers and Old Olive for the stems. To get the lighter color on the flowers....I just stamped it off with Not Quite Navy...easy peasy. I wrapped some 5/8" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon around the Very Vanilla and adhered it to the front. Done!!!!






What a nice inexpensive gift....that is if you can part with it when your done....ha ha ha.

You could add some ribbon on the binding and make a matching pen too if you like.

So, if you have any suggestions on what you would like to see on the blog during March Madness, leave me a comment or email me. I will do my best to accomodate you.


Until tomorrow.....have a great day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment