Monday, March 29, 2010

March Madness Day #29

I thought today I would give you something other than a card. The square scallop is one of my new toys and I wanted to do something fun with it....so viola.
We have here for your viewing pleasure a fun little 3 x 3 cardholder.
On the front I cut out the square scallop with chocolate chip.
I then layered it with white (3 3/4" square)
topped that with Melon Mambo (slightly smaller than the white)
took some Regal Rose (3 1/2" square)
ran it through the polka dot embossing folder
and topped that with some Melon Mambo butterflies
using the Beautiful Wings embosslit die. You can see from the side view the fun little cards hiding inside.
On the inside we have first a layer of white ( 3 3/4" x 8 1/2")
I layed the two squares down side by side with a small space in between, appx. 1/4".
I took my Melon Mamon ribbon (25" long) and glued it to the white paper.
I attached my white, with the ribbon side down towards the brown squares, leaving some space on the inside edges for the book to fold over.
I then took 2 Melon Mambo ( 3 1/2" squares) and attached them to each side.
With Pretty in Pink I made 2 envelopes using the sizzix die, sponged the edges with Regal Rose ink. With sticky strip I attached them to the Melon Mambo square, and decorated with a flower using my Boho Blossoms punch.

I then made 4 very cute but simple 3 x 3 cards to go inside. They are Regal Rose (6 x 3) folded in half.
I took some Pretty in Pink ( 2 3/4" square) and ran it through the polka dot embossing folder.
I stamped with the Vintage Vogue stamp set with Regal Rose and punched out with the coordinating punch.
The flower on the card was just the perfect touch and was made with the Boho Blossom and the Trio flower punch with a brad in the middle.
I think it turned out pretty cute. Now, who do I give it to????
It's always good to have a gift on hand for that unexpected something that comes up right? Well, I'm ready now for that unexpected something.
Have a wonderful Monday.
See you again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment