Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March Madness Day #16

How about something totally different today. I thought instead of a card, or a scrapbook page, or a candy container, I would post a book mark. This is perfect for that wonderful book you are just waiting to find time to read. Or, maybe just for your Stampin Up catalog. I started with a 4 x 4 inch square of So Saffron and scored it at 2" both ways. As you can see in the picture above, I cut out one of those squares it made, then I punched out a 5 petal flower on one of the squares. Then I took a piece of DSP and cut it to fit the square with the flower...I think it was 2 1/4" square, and punched the edges with the scalloped edge and corner punches. I glued it to the underside of the flowered punch side. I added a brad to the middle of the flower. Then this is when it gets tricky. You take your bone folder and fold in the scored lines. Make sure you only put adhesive on the bottom flap getting folded in. That way there is no adhesive between where the pages will be. I also added some small magnets to both sides of the inside so it will hold onto the page of the book and not fall out.
Here it is at work.
It was fast and easy to make and something completely different.
Have a great day.
I hope all that rambling above made sense. If not, just shoot me an email and I will confuse you some more....{big grin}
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment